YONDER Content Policy
All content, in whole or part, that is uploaded or otherwise made available on YONDER shall conform with
all of the following terms and conditions:
- • The content will be cohesive fiction broken or serialized into installments. YONDER is currently not accepting nonfiction, poetry, scripts, comics, or short story collections.
- • Each installment shall include text of at least one thousand (1,000) words, and will not be of excessive length, as determined at YONDER’s sole discretion.
- • Each installment shall be professional and fit for publication. YONDER may decline to publish any installment which fails to be acceptable in accordance with such standards and require that the author revise such installment to make it acceptable.
- • The content shall be accurately labeled in terms of genre, tags, and content warnings. If these labels are deemed inaccurate by YONDER, at its sole discretion, YONDER may temporarily remove the content from the platform and notify the author or publisher to make the necessary changes before the content can be restored.
Content must not include or embody, in whole or part, the following, as determined at YONDER’s sole discretion:
1. Abusive or Hateful Content
- • Malicious or abusive content or comments directed at others. This includes content that reveals an individual’s personal information (e.g. real name, contact information, address, social security numbers etc.) or that is likely or intended to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- • Hateful content or comments that promote or encourage violence, or have the purpose of inciting hate or discrimination towards individuals or groups based on race, ethnic origin, appearance, religion, disability, mental health, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political orientation, etc.
2. Mature or Sexual Content
- • Content that is pornographic or solely intended for the purpose of sexual stimulation. This includes, but is not limited to, graphic depictions of illegal sexual acts, such as incest, pedophilia, grooming, sexual exploitation or abuse of minors, bestiality, or necrophilia.
- • Content that glorifies or promotes rape, non-consensual sex, or the sexual exploitation of children.
- The age of consent is 18+ on YONDER. Any sexual content between characters must abide by this age of consent.
3. Violent or Graphic Content:
• YONDER does not allow graphic depictions of gratuitous violence, or content that promotes acts of violence. Examples of prohibited content include:
- - Brutal, extended, graphic acts of violence
- - Depiction of sadism, or glorification/promotion of inflicting harm on others, terrorism, or animal abuse
- - Glorification or promotion of suicide, self-harm, or self-harming behaviors including eating disorders
4. Dangerous or Illegal Content:
• Content that encourages, promotes, or solicits dangerous or illegal activity is not permitted. Examples of dangerous or illegal content include, but are not limited to:
- - Spreading misinformation
- - Glorification or promotion of illegal substance or drug use
5. Libelous or Misleading Content:
- • Content that contains any material which is defamatory or disparaging that intentionally harms or has the potential to harm YONDER or any third party.
- • Content that is being used to impersonate any person, deceive, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any third party is not permitted.
6. Spam and Advertising
- • Content that advertises products or services unrelated to, or not sanctioned by YONDER. This includes content intended to drive traffic to external websites with embedded links.
7. Copyright and IP Infringement
- • YONDER has adopted a policy regarding copyright infringement on the platform or in relation to the YONDER services in accordance with the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”). YONDER applies this policy globally to all jurisdictions in which YONDER’s services are available.
- • In accordance with the above, YONDER does not allow any content that infringes, in whole or part, any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, publicity, or privacy rights) belonging to any third party. This includes plagiarizing another’s content (in whole or in part) or publishing fanfiction of a dramatic or literary work.
- • Content must also be in accordance with all contractual obligations owed to third parties, including, without limitation, if the content is subject to terms imposed by third party contractual relationships. In the event that any content is subject to any third-party rights, you must inform YONDER of such restrictions prior to the delivery of the content or the content otherwise being uploaded to or made available on the platform.
- • YONDER also does not allow any content that violates or infringes trademarks, rights of publicity, or other intellectual property or privacy rights of any third party.
- • YONDER reserves the right to remove content alleged to be infringing without prior notice, at YONDER’s sole discretion, and without liability to you or anyone else.
YONDER reserves the right to modify, alter, amend, or update this policy at any time without notice to you in YONDER’s sole and absolute discretion, and such new policy will immediately take effect upon YONDER posting the new policy on the platform or otherwise disseminating the new policy to you, such as by email. Notwithstanding the foregoing, YONDER will attempt to notify you in a commercially reasonable amount of time any changes.
Last Updated: October 5, 2022.